VEGAN CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES with orange + CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN DATE Frosting
Healthy VEGAN CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES with orange + CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN DATE Frosting! A simple and delicious recipe for the best vegan cupcakes ever!
For the chocolate cupcakes
- 3/4 cup orange juice fresh
- 1 orange zest grated ( organic )
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree or baked pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil such as sunflowers seed or peanut oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup wholegrain spelt flour about 150g Einkorn wheat or my DIY gluten-free flour mix
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder about 46g
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or muscovado brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the pumpkin chocolate date frosting
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree about 180g
- 7 Medjool dates pitted ( about 100g pitted )
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips bout 40g
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil such as sunflowers seed or peanut oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder about 25g
- 1/4 cup espresso or fresh orange juice or water
- 25 g water if using coffee or fresh orange juice
For the vegan chocolate cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350°F- 180°C. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
In a large bowl or blender, whisk/blend the first 4 liquid ingredients. Sift all remaining ingredients in and pulse a few seconds until evenly mixed.
Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way with batter, you should get 7-8 cupcakes depending on your pan.
Bake 15 minutes on the center rack.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the flavors if you want it richer. ( Use orange juice or water for children, but I love it with espresso!):
Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the fridge.
Serving: 1g | Calorie: 336kcal