Nope, no chocolate eggs for me this Easter!
Let’s try something different once in a while.
I made for you, (and for myself of course), these super easy and tasty cupcakes with a special super healthy ingredient:
Did you know that fresh ginger actually helps digestion?
Well, after your huge Easter meal (if you’re actually celebrating Easter), or after any other meal, this little cute cupcakes are the perfect treat.
A gluten free option is included in the recipe .
So let’s start baking!
Vegan Carrot & Ginger Yogurt Cupcakes
- 150 g 1 cup grated carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 80 g 1/2 spelt or all-purpose flour
- 50 g 1/4 cup almond flour (homemade is always better)
- 60 g 1/4 cup 2 Tbls vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 40 g 1/4 cup coconut sugar, brown sugar or sugar free option such as baking stevia or xylitol
- 50 g 1/4 cup rice syrup or corn syrup or agave (or any other syrup of your choice)
- 50 g 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 4 g 1tsp or to taste fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp backing soda
- 1/2 tsp backing powder
- zest of 1/2 orange
- pinch of salt
- you can make a gluten free version changing following ingredients
- substitute spelt flour with buckwheat flour
- add 10g - 1Tbls soy yogurt
- add 5g - 1 tsp oil
- add 1 tbls arrowroot
- your mixture must be creamy and not too dry
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Clean and peel the carrots and then grate them.
- Place whole almonds inside your blender and pulse for few seconds at time until you get a fine, grainy consistency. Do not pulse almonds for too long otherwise you'll end up having almond butter rather then almond flour!
- In a bowl, mix together vegetable oil, sugar, syrup and orange zest and whisk well.
- Sift in spelt flour, almond flour, baking powder, backing soda, salt and mix well.
- Add 150g (1 cup) grated carrots and mix very well: you want a creamy and smooth mixture.
- Fill the paper liner with the mixture using a spoon and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Test the doneness with a toothpick.
- Leave the oven door open to let the cupcakes cool there slowly.
- In the meantime, prepare cashew frosting. Find the recipe here > Raw Vegan Orange & Ginger Cashew Cream
- Place cashews, oil and syrup in a powerful blender and blend at high speed.
- After a couple of minutes, add orange juice and grated carrots (70-80g or 1/2 cup) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Finally add orange zest and ginger and blend for few more seconds.
- Adjust flavor to taste by adding ginger, syrup or more oil if you want it more creamy.
- Fill your pastry bag with cashews cream and frost the top of your cupcakes.
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.