This VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE with wholemeal spelt flour is simple to make, healthy, fresh and delicious! A refined-sugar free, refined flour-free and guilt-free deliciousness for your next breakfast!
Perfect for those looking for a healthy, low-fat and delicious snack this VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE only requires food processor or a blender and the dough will be ready in less than 5 minutes!
The fresh orange scent will invade your kitchen and you’ll just won’t wait to devour your VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE!
I love baking it in autumn and winter when the oranges are at the peak of taste, and I often add a spoonful of my PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP or cinnamon and fresh ginger. But you can also bake it in spring and summer choosing fresh lemons instead of oranges!
the beauty food tip
Remember to cut the bread into slices at least a centimetre – 1/2 ” thick and always use a serrated edge bread knife!
This VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE with wholemeal spelt flour will please all the family and it will become a good reason to leave the sweet warmth of the sheets and face the day, because breakfast can also be healthy and delicious, without giving up the taste.
This VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE is
100% wholemeal spelt flour
refined sugar-free and refined flour free
simple to make
light, healthy and fragrant
rich in B Vitamins and minerals
fresh and satisfying
perfect for breakfast, as a takeaway healthy snack
when you’re in a hurry but you do not want to get back to a healthy breakfast
VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE with wholemeal spelt flour
- 275 g 2 +1/3 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 6 g 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 g 1 tsp baking powder
- 70 g ~ 1/2 +1/4 cup almond flour
- 90 g 1/2 cup brown sugar ( I used muscovado brown sugar )
- a pinch of salt
- 80 g 1/3 cup olive oil, grape seed oil or melted coconut oil
- 80 ml 1/3 cup water
- 45 g 2 tbsp +1 tsp maple syrup
- 200 g - 7oz grated carrots
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 organic orange - zest grated ( you can sub with lemon )
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Line a small loaf pan ( about 6" long ) with parchment paper ( If you are using a larger pan, double the quantities
- Sieve slept flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl. Add the almond flour, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add oil, water, maple syrup, grated carrots, vanilla and orange zest.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend for 30 to 60 seconds, no longer. This will mix all of the ingredients and puree the carrots.
- Pour the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for approx. 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool in the loaf pan for 20 minutes then transfer on a cooling rack.
- Slice the loaf once cooled using a bread knife.
- Serve the VEGAN CARROT ALMOND LOAF CAKE at room temperature, together with a few spoons of jam or fresh fruit. I love to spread it with almond butter or soak it in my cappuccino or tea!
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.