Would you believe me if I tell you I baked this VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY PEACH YOGURT CAKE 3 times in 4 days just for the pleasure of eating it and not only for the shooting? I made one with whole wheat spelt flour and 2 with my DIY FRAN’S GLUTEN FREE FLOUR MIX. The result? AHHHHHHmazing!
I’m literally in love with fruit cakes, especially with the ones that are versatile, light and… delicious.
My Vegan blueberry peach and yogurt cake is perfect for breakfast, as a quick snack for the whole family or as a healthy brunch.
I am a concrete person and I am convinced that even the recipes should be easy, fast, healthy and practical! This means that I like versatile recipes, those that are suitable for any occasion but at the same time are able to satisfy my palate without requiring mastery pastry abilities, ( that are really not necessary unless you’re a pastry chef!).
We all know that berries are the trusted friends of women because they are rich in vitamin E, vitamin A and Vit C. They strengthen the capillary walls and helps us combat water retention and poor blood circulation.
Did you know that peaches are Chinese and are a symbol of longevity and eternal life? They are also rich in vitamin C as well as being a low-calories fruit.
You will notice that the top of the cake will be moist and soft thanks to the water released by the fruit while the base of the cake will be drier. For an overall softer recipe, add 1Tbsp vegetable oil and 2 Tbsps milk or blueberries directly to the mixture.
This BLUEBERRY PEACH YOGURT CAKE is
gluten glutenfree ( using the DIY Fran’s Gluten Free Flour Mix )
refined sugar – free
made with yogurt and fresh fruit
perfect for breakfast , afternoon tea or as a snack
suitable for the whole family
easy, quick and healthy
soft and yummy
a perfect comfort food
adaptable and versatile
beautiful and colorful ( eat with your eyes! )
egg free, dairy free, butter free
perfect for winter, simply sub peaches and blueberries with other seasonal fruit
Happy Healthy Baking!
- 1⅓ cup DIY Fran’ s Gluten Free flour Mix (or whole wheat /
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, rice syrup or agave
- ¼ cup olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1-2 peaches
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup soy yogurt, unsweetened
- ½ lemon zest
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Wash, clean and cut peaches into slices.
- Sift flour or GF flour mix, baking soda and baking powder together into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat oil, coconut sugar, syrup, yogurt, lemon zest, salt, vinegar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture while beating. Beat until combined. Do not overmix. You'll end up with a quite dry butter: that's perfect.
- Transfer the batter to a cake pan. Place sliced peaches in circles / rays and add blueberries evenly in the spaces between the slices.
- Sprinkle with powdered coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Test for doneness with a toothpick.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle with more powdered coconut sugar or serve with vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
Nutrition information based on whole wheat flour and soy milk instead of soy yogurt as tool does not accept soy yogurt as ingredient