Vegan and delicious super easy blueberry and coconut cake.
Perfect for any occasion and for inexpert cooks.
This is just the easiest blubbery cake ever an it only takes 10 minutes and few ingredients.
It’s perfect served warm as well as cold and try it with some coconut whipped cream or vanilla icecream:
you’ll love it.
A gluten free option is included in the recipe.
- serves 4 small ramekins or a 6 inches casserole
- 180g (1¾ cup ) blueberries
- 25g (2 tbls ) barley malt or maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vallina extract (optional)
- 8g (2 tsp ) coconut oil, melted
- 125g ( 1 cup) spelt or all purpose flour
- 25g (2 tbls) brown sugar + 2 tbls for sprinkling
- 120ml (1/2 cup) rice milk
- 18g (1½ tbls) coconut oil, melted
- 18g (1½ tbls) corn or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cream of tartar or baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 80g (1/2 cup) rice flour
- 50g (5 tbls 1 tsp) cornstarch or potato starch
- 2 tbls brown sugar for sprinkling on top
- more blueberries for topping
- Preheat the ove to 180°C or 350°F
- In a bowl toss very carefully blueberries, barley malt or syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract if you're using it and then add almond meal and melted coconut oil.
- Keep mixing using a spoon and try not to smash the blueberries.
- Place ¼ of the filling in each ramekin or all of it in the casserole.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add sugar and salt. Whisk together milk, coconut oil and corn or sunflower oil and add liquid to dry and mix well till smooth and creamy. If it looks too liquid and watery add ½ tbls flour and whisk well.
- Pour dough over blueberries filling.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes. Bake until the surface becomes a light golden brown.
- Let it cool, top with some fresh blueberries and serve with a dessert spoon or fork . It can be eaten either warm or cold.
- For extra goodness try it with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.