2 ingredients – easy RAW DATE CARAMEL with dates and almond milk. A naturally-sweetened, rich and creamy caramel that will add flavour to your recipes.
This recipe is versatile and easy to make. It requires no sugar and no baking! You only need a powerful blender or a food processor and in less than 5 minutes you’ll enjoy your delicious homemade sugar-free raw caramel!
If you add liquid, you will get a real caramel-like syrup. If you use a low amount of liquid (as in the case of the recipe) you will get a caramel with the consistency of spreadable butter.
The uses are endless!
You’ll need this date caramel to make my Halloween CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CANDY APPLES. You can also use it on my No bake BANANA CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE or to sweeten my CRUNCHY GRANOLA and my PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE !
This DATE CARAMEL is
healthy and tasty
it requires only 2 ingredients
versatile and easy to make
RAW DATE CARAMEL | Vegan + GF
- Serves roughly 1 1/3 cup
- 25 good quality dates - pitted ( 8 oz)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk - or any other milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice syrup
- 1 tbsp oil
- Equipment: a food processor or a powerful blender
- If your blender / food processor is not very powerful, soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes then drain.
- Combine dates and 1 tbsp milk in the blender and blend for few seconds.
- Add remaining milk one tablespoon at a time and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add extra add-ins or more almond milk to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
More milk / liquid will make the caramel perfect on pancakes, cakes or in your lattes.
You'll need this date caramel to make my Halloween CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CANDY APPLES. You can also use it on myNo bake BANANA CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE or to sweeten myCRUNCHY GRANOLA and my PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!