Orange & Ginger Cashew Cream Frosting
- 140 g 3/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 70-80 g 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1-3 tsp or to taste rice syrup or corn syrup or agave - or any other syrup of your choice
- 1-2 Tbls vegetable oil - to make the frosting smooth
- 40 ml 4-5 Tbls fresh orange juice (or more if needed)
- 2 g 1/2 tsp or to taste fresh ginger, grated
- zest of 1/2 orange
- Soak cashews overnight in plenty of water.
- Place cashews, oil and syrup in a powerful blender and blend at high speed.
- After a couple of minutes, add orange juice and grated carrots (70-80g or 1/2 cup) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Finally add orange zest and ginger and blend for few more seconds.
- Adjust flavor to taste by adding ginger, syrup or more oil if you want it more creamy.
- Fill your pastry bag with cashews cream and frost the top of your cupcakes.I suggest you to try it with my Vegan Carrot & Ginger Yogurt Cupcakes. They taste heavenly!
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.