Despite being late October, the sun is bright and shining, the temperature is mild and… today is Monday. Three good reasons to get your fill up on energy and enjoy one of the last no bake desserts of the year! These amazing no bake banana chocolate cheesecake cupcakes are even vegan and gluten-free!
Rich in healthy fats, proteins and vitamins, these delicious coconutty and chocolaty cheesecake are ready in few minutes and will make your skin glow!
The blender and the fridge will do the hard work!
These cheesecake cupcakes obviously ask for cashews, which are the white canvas for basically any raw dessert recipe. Furthermore, to make it more tasty and palatable, I added a generous amount of dark chocolate, coconut milk and even some bananas. The crust is made with oats ( gluten free ), nuts and dates, but you can use a baked tart crust if you like it
In addition, the recipe calls for a delicious bonus: some coconut whipped cream! yum!
Here you can find a post and recipe for a step by step tutorial on how to make coconut whipped cream.
If you are greedy, these banana chocolate cheesecake cupcakes are the right dessert for you. And if you are not fond of bananas, you can always replace them with more coconut milk.
In addition, to speed up the prep time, you can decide to use a springform pan instead of a muffin tin and prepare a classic round shaped cheesecake.
Eating raw food throughout the year is very important because cooking or baking food always determines a nutritional loss of minerals and water-soluble vitamins (vitamin C and B vitamins).
To limit the loss of minerals and vitamins I recommend
- cooking in a little water
- reusing the cooking water
- eat plenty of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, cashews, almonds and seeds.
It ‘important to remember that it should not be just the deliciousness to push us to consume certain foods and to make certain recipes. First of all, there has to be an awareness of what is the nutritional value of what we are eating. This should prompt us to change our diet and integrate, (yep, even with some banana chocolate cheesecake), some foods such as dried fruit that we would never insert in our diet.
It’s like when you try to make your children eat broccoli, turning them into trees and getting creative in the presentation of the dish. (Am I not the only one that does that, am I?).
We must remember to trick the same way ourselves! Maybe eating nuts and raw food to fill up in minerals and vitamins, reminding us that this delay the appearance of wrinkles and make our skin brighter and younger! Is it enough to convince you?
Recipe in collaboration with [ comfort zone ]
These NOBAKE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES are
dairy free, soy free, egg free
rich in vitamins, minerals and healthy fatty acids
for chocolate lovers
perfect for birthdays and special occasions
perfect to start the day with an energy boost
easy and fast
Use coconut oil and cocoa powder to make it RAW
If you make this recipe, remember to use the hashtags #beautyfoodblog, #beautyfood and #EatGreenToGlowingSkin and tag @beautyfoodgeek on Instagram e BeautyFoodblog on Facebook.Subscribe to the BEAUTY FOOD NEWSLETTER | ENGLISH and never miss a recipe.
VEGAN NOBAKE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
Serves 12-15 cheesecake cupcakes or <g class="gr_ gr_237 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace" id="237" data-gr-id="237">a 8x8</g> inches cheesecake
For the crust
- 1 cup <g class="gr_ gr_236 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="236" data-gr-id="236">dates - </g>pitted (15-18 pitted dates)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
For the cheesecake filling
- 1 1/3 cup cashews - soaked overnight or for at least 6-8 hours
- 1 cup 1/2 can <g class="gr_ gr_234 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="234" data-gr-id="234">full fat</g> coconut milk, refrigerated for 24-48 hours or overnight
- 2 small very ripe <g class="gr_ gr_232 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="232" data-gr-id="232">bananas - </g> refrigerated for at least 2-4 hours
- 1 1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- juice of 1 orange - (1/2 cup)
- zest of 1 organic orange
- 1/4 cup agave - rice syrup, maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh berries to garnish
Coconut whipped cream
- 1/2 can coconut milk - scant 1cup refrigerated for 24 hours or overnight
- 2-3 Tbsp powdered coconut sugar - powdered stevia or maple syrup
- Soak dates in warm water for few minutes then drain.
- Add nuts, oats and dates into a food processor and process until combined into a sticky dough. If mixture it's too dry, add a few more dates, if too wet add a tsp of oats.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners or a 8x8-inchs springform pan with cling film or parchment paper.
- Divide crust evenly among tins and press it down with fingers or a spatula to distribute. Pack it down into an even, flat layer pushing some crust up the sides.
- Set in freezer to firm up.
- Wash and dry your blender then add drained cashews, sliced frozen bananas, olive oil, orange juice and blend until very smooth. It might take up to 5 minutes. Add coconut milk (cream only), agave syrup, cocoa powder, orange zest, a pinch of salt and pulse until very smooth and silky.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler, add to the mixture and process until incorporated. Scrape down sides as needed. Taste and adjust sweetness.
- Quickly, divide cheesecake batter evenly among the tins/ springform pan pouring filling over crust. Tap a few times to even the mixture and then cover loosely with cling film and freeze to firm for 2 hours.
- Allow to soften for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries or other toppings of your choice.
Coconut Whipped cream
- Skim the thickened coconut cream from the chilled can and do not scrape the liquid.
- Place the coconut cream in a chilled bowl, add powdered sugar or syrup and whip for 2-3 minutes. Beat util it becomes stiff and creamy.
- Let it sits in the refrigerator and frost your cupcakes or cake before serving.
Prep time does not include refrigeration.
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.