You’ll never believe me, but even though I’m Italian and Italians only drink espresso, I fell in love with the warm, creamy and spicy PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE I had at Starbucks. It was the only coffee I could drink when I lived in London!
So, as we don’t have Starbucks here neither we have pumpkin spice pie, I decided to make my own Italian style VEGAN soy-free Healthy PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE.
We call it “latte macchiato” wich is basically milk froth plus one shot espresso. To this, I simply added my low calories homemade pumpkin spice syrup made with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
A delicious and traditional comfort food ( or drink) that will bring warmth and flavor back into autumn.
Simply this healthy pumpkin spice latte with coconut whipped cream or sprinkle with cinnamon for a more wintery decadent treat.
If you make this recipe, remember to use the hashtags #beautyfoodblog or #beautyfoodgeek and tag @beautyfoodgeek on Instagram e BeautyFoodblog on Facebook.Subscribe to the BEAUTY FOOD NEWSLETTER | ENGLISH and never miss a recipe.
This Pumpkin Spice Latte is
a perfect comfort food
fast and easy
soy-free and spicy
healthy and low calories
a light and warm alternative to the classic hot chocolate
HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE | Vegan
For the pumpkin spice syrup (serves 6-8)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup - agave, coconut sugar or sweeter of choice
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice - optional
- 1/4 pure vanilla extract - optional
For the pumpkin spice latte
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 shot espresso - 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice syrup
- coconut whipped cream or sprinkle of cinnamon
For the pumpkin spice syrup
- In a saucepan, add water and sweeter of choice. Simmer over a medium- low heat for few minutes. Be careful not to burn sugar!
- Add pumpkin puree, spices and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla (optional) Wisk to combine.
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
For the pumpkin spice LATTE
- Make one espresso or brewed coffee.
- Pour milk into a tall glass or mug with some foam then add one shot espresso and 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice syrup. Stir to combine. Top with more milk froth leftovers.
- Additional toppings: Top with coconut whipped cream or sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately.
- *You can skip this step and simply heat almond milk over medium heat, add espresso or coffee and pumpkin syrup. Wisk well then pour into a mug or tall glass. Serve as indicated
Nutrition information does not include additional toppings.
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.