The Black Forest cake made vegan, gluten free and raw (or no-bake, you choose the option you like!) How about that?
If you like chocolate (I bet you do!) and cherries (strawberries or any other berry you like), I’m sure you know the story behind the black forest (cheese)cake!
The Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte consists of 3-3 layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and cherries. Someone says it’s named directly after the Black Forest mountain range in Germany, but some other says the name comes from the liquor of that southern region. We’ll never know!
Anyway, this is a popular recipe of my boyfriend’s region, in northern Italy, where people still speak German (weird enough, I know!).
As you might notice from the photos, this raw cheesecake has very unsightly condensation droplets. Indeed, here in Italy the weather got crazy and it’s hot like never before (or as log as I can remember!).
To avoid this, just place your cheesecake in the fridge immediately after decorating it with chocolate and remove it from the fridge only a few minutes before serving. I had to put it in the freezer because of the shooting!
If you’re following a raw vegan diet, you might want to prepare your own chocolate bark using coconut oil, syrup and raw cocoa powder. You can even try to melt raw chocolate as I did as long as the temperature doesn’t go over 42°C / 107°F as below this temperature, the nutrients are not destroyed.
I suggest you two options of the same recipe: with oats for the no-bake cheesecake and with nuts for the raw version. It is up to you to choose the one that best suits your needs.
The CHOCOLATE CHERRY VEGAN RAW CHEESECAKE is
raw or no-bake
rich in iron, fibers and proteins
for chocolate lovers
for cherries lovers
creamy and crunchy
refreshing and cooling
quick and easy
perfect as a summer dessert or snack
perfect for the entire family and loved by kids
CHOCOLATE & CHERRY BLACK FOREST VEGAN RAW / No-Bake CHEESECAKE | GLUTEN FREE
4 small pastry rings or an 8x8 inches cheesecake pan
For the Base
- 1 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup oats or more nuts
- 10 dates - 3/4 cup, pitted
- 1 tsp cacao powder
For the filling/topping
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh orang juice
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 7 oz dairy free raw dark chocolate
- 2 cups fresh cherries - pitted
- Soak dates in warm water for few minutes then drain and pat dry.
- Line the inside of the pastry rings / cake pan with parchment paper or cling film. (This step is crucial because it will allow you to remove the cake easily just before serving.)
- Add dates, walnuts, almonds, cacao powder and oats into a food processor and process until combined into a sticky dough.
- Coat the base of the pan / pastry ring using a spatula. Pack it down into an even, flat layer.
- Set in freezer to firm up.
- For the filling
- Add the cashews (drained), coconut milk, coconut oil, syrup, orange juice and vanilla into a food processor and process until the mixture is creamy, smooth and silky.
- Take ⅓ of the mixture, add 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and stir well to combine.
- Remove pan/ rings from the freezer and spread the chocolate cream evenly over the base.
- Allow to harden in the freezer for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer, place pitted cherries over the chocolate base ** and pour over the remaining filling evenly (divide evenly among the rings). Tapp with the palm of your hand on the bottom of the pan to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. (Not recommended with 30 ° C in the shade!)
- To garnish
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler saucepan (Do not exceed 42°C / 107°F C for raw chocolate), pour into a pastry bag and decorate as desired.
- Refrigerate to harden for a few minutes.
- Decorate with remaining cherries and chocolate flakes.You may dip 4-5 cherries into melt chocolate to coat and place them into the fridge to firm up.
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.