Simple, delicious and refreshing Vegan + Raw + Gluten Free ice cream / ice pops /popsicles with coconut cream and fresh berries. These pops really taste like heaven!
Simply mix the ingredients, add berries or other fruit of your choice, freeze for few hours and enjoy! Making an ice cream is never been so easy!
When I posted them on Instagram people went crazy and kept asking for the recipe: Weird enough, this wasn’t supposed to be posted on my blog and become a recipe, but readers rule!!!
I cannot call this “gelato” to be honest because we, Italians, are very fussy about it. Gelato is as much important for us as our beloved pizza or caffè, so when I’m abroad it’s very hard to find a proper Italian gelato unless I find a proper Italian gelateria!!
But the next time I’ll be away from Italy, I’ll make these delicious summer-berry coconut cream popsicles for sure.
The BERRIES and COCONUT CREAM POPSICLES are
made with fresh products
made with fresh fruit
rich in antioxidants
refreshing and cooling
quick and easy
perfect as a summer dessert or snack
perfect for the entire family especially for kids
Want more coconut-ty recipe? Check out my Raw Vegan + Glutenfree CHOCOLATE CHERRY BLACK FOREST CHEESECAKE.
BERRIES and COCONUT CREAM POPSICLES
popsicles molds, wooden sticks
- 13.5 oz full fat coconut milk - refrigerated for at least 24 hours
- 2 + 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil - melted (or 1/2 cup coconut flakes)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup - agave or stevia
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground pistachios - optional
- Combine coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup or other sweetener, lemon zest and vanilla stirring with a whisk. If using coconut flour or flakes, blend for a few seconds with a blender.
- Clean and chop all the berries and cut strawberries into very thin slices.
- For the marbled effect: Combine 2-3 tablespoons coconut cream with 5-6 mashed blueberries or raspberries to obtain the desired color. (See notes)°
- Add 2 cups berries in the remaining coconut cream and mix gently so as not to break the fruit.
- Pour the mixture into molds, alternating the creams accordingly to your taste.
- Add the remaining berries pushing them towards the sides of the mold.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios, insert wooden sticks into the molds and store in the freezer.
- Freeze at least 4-6 hours before serving.
©Beauty Food Blog by Fran Bettoni owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.