You’ll never believe me, but even though I’m Italian and Italians only drink espresso, I fell in love with the warm, creamy and spicy PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE I had at Starbucks. It was the only coffee I could drink when I lived in London!
So, as we don’t have Starbucks here neither we have pumpkin spice pie, I decided to make my own Italian style VEGAN soy-free Healthy PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE.
We call it “latte macchiato” wich is basically milk froth plus one shot espresso. To this, I simply added my low calories homemade pumpkin spice syrup made with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
A delicious and traditional comfort food ( or drink) that will bring warmth and flavor back into autumn.
Simply this healthy pumpkin spice latte with coconut whipped cream or sprinkle with cinnamon for a more wintery decadent treat.
If you make this recipe, remember to use the hashtags #beautyfoodblog or #beautyfoodgeek and tag @beautyfoodgeek on Instagram e BeautyFoodblog on Facebook.Subscribe to the BEAUTY FOOD NEWSLETTER | ENGLISH and never miss a recipe.
This Pumpkin Spice Latte is
a perfect comfort food
fast and easy
soy-free and spicy
healthy and low calories
a light and warm alternative to the classic hot chocolate
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar or sweeter of choice
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice (optional)
- ¼ pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 shot espresso ( ¼ cup brewed coffee)
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice syrup
- coconut whipped cream or sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add water and sweeter of choice. Simmer over a medium- low heat for few minutes. Be careful not to burn sugar!
- Add pumpkin puree, spices and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla (optional) Wisk to combine.
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Make one espresso or brewed coffee.
- To make the real Italian latte macchiato: Heat almond milk over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and make the foam using a milk frother or a french press. *
- Pour milk into a tall glass or mug with some foam then add one shot espresso and 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice syrup. Stir to combine. Top with more milk froth leftovers.
- Additional toppings: Top with coconut whipped cream or sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately.
- *You can skip this step and simply heat almond milk over medium heat, add espresso or coffee and pumpkin syrup. Wisk well then pour into a mug or tall glass. Serve as indicated
Nutrition information does not include additional toppings.