Are you looking for the perfect breakfast? The one that is worth getting out of bed and puts a huge smile on your face? Well, it does exist, and it’s named CRUNCHY GRANOLA!
And that’s why I decided to develop this recipe, in collaboration with [ comfort zone ]. An autumn version of my favorite breakfast: a crunchy granola with cocoa, cinnamon, walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts and cranberries.
If you’ve never baked your homemade granola, well ‘tis the season as they say!
The recipe for this crunchy granola is very simple and very rich. It’s packed with spice, famous for their many beneficial properties, buckwheat groats and flax seeds. Also, to make it more tasty and healthy, I added walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans and almonds. In this way, your breakfast will be rich in good fatty acids while oats will help you delay the feeling of hunger and face the day with more energy.
Cocoa, our favorite spice (true or not?), contains active ingredients that help to keep focused and improve reflexes, thanks to the caffeine. Moreover, as we well know, cocoa also has positive effects on mood (it promotes happiness!) and combats anxiety and depression.
In short, this luscious crunchy granola is not only tasty, but it’s also a great to the day, that is with a smile and lots of energy.
The CRUNCHY SPICED NUT GRANOLA is
gluten free (use certified glutenfree oats)
egg free, dairy free, refined sugar free
deliciously spicy and moderately sweet
healthy and tasty
perfect for cold winter mornings
perfect to start the day with energy
perfect as a breakfast or snack
suitable for the whole family
easy and simple to make
If you make this recipe, remember to use the hashtags #beautyfoodblog and #EatGreenToGlowingSkin and tag @beautyfoodblog on Instagram e BeautyFoodblog on Facebook.
Subscribe to the BEAUTY FOOD NEWSLETTER | ENGLISH and never miss a recipe.
- 3+1/4 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (or more oats)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts ( almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and cashews)
- 1/2 cup cranberries or raisins
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted or olive oil
- scant 1/2 cup maple syrup, agave or rice syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except cranberries.
- Stir coconut or olive oil and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Add vanilla extract if using it. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden, stirring every 10 minutes or halfway through.
- When golden, remove from the oven, let cool completely then stir in the cranberries.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.